Component Level Analysis
The component-level analysis uses the OHFRA tool to evaluate material compatibility, ignition and potential heat- generating mechanisms, reaction effects, and likelihood of fire based on history of use. Material compatibility of metals is based on threshold pressure data and non-metals are evaluated based on autogenous ignition temperature and oxygen index. Ignition mechanism identification is based on the presence and severity of characteristic elements required for ignition. Reaction effects of a fire are based on kindling chains and the heat of combustion of materials.
- Valves (Ball, Globe, Butterfly, Gate, Plug, Needle, Safety, Check, Flow Control)
- Valve Integrated Pressure Regulators (VIPR) or Integrated Valve Regulator (IVR)
- Medical Equipment: Portable Oxygen Cylinder/Regulator Setups
- Diving Equipment: Regulators, Nitrox Systems
- Oxy-Acetylene Welding Equipment
- Liquid Oxygen Vessels